June 11, 2009

Letting Go and Moving On...

How do you let go?
It's not a fun thing to do, especially when the person involved hasn't really done anything "wrong"...he just won't step up to the plate.
After giving Smoking Jacket one too many times to make it right, I have been finding ways to let myself let him go and how to let him down gently. It won't be pretty. It won't be easy. I still care for him, as he does me...but if it's not going to go anywhere, why should I stay? Purely for the physical connection, the chemistry, the sexual tension? That would have been enough six months ago, but now I'm seeing other opportunities pass me by and he's given me no reason to hold out any longer.
So, I have begun the "process," as I like to call it.
I threw out the ultimatum (if I can just keep my word), "Commit to me. Not marriage, but a commitment beyond 'dating'" In response, I got an "I love you." I don't believe that answers the question and now it is "go" time.
I am seeking out
new opportunities, greener pastures and brighter horizons...I'm moving on and there is a date in my near future with a very fine gentleman that I will refer to as "Spartan."
More to come..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers