May 3, 2009

Dad & the Date

So the last few days have been somewhat interesting...My father flew into town solely to help me move into my new place - let's just say for the record, "Dads are amazing!".
But, I was a bit nervous about him meeting Smoking Jacket and, quite frankly, even more nervous to see how Smoking Jacket would be around my Dad.
Needless to say, as soon as they met it was like they knew each other for quite some time. They had no problem talking, asking each other questions, telling stories - mostly which involved me, and drinking beers together.
I had to leave early this morning for the airport (much earlier flight than my father's return flight), so Smoking Jacket agreed to drive my Dad to the airport later by himself. After interrogating both parties later today, it seems the little jaunt to the airport was just fine without me. I just hope not too much fun. I don't want 20 questions from Dad after this and I don't want Smoking Jacket to like my Dad more than me. (There's a fine line, just in case you were wondering or think I'm crazy.)
My conclusion is this: It's funny how a guy you date on and off can get along much better with your father from the get-go than a man you were married to for several years. It was great. Maybe I am not as worried to please the 'rents anymore or maybe my Dad just likes seeing me smile after everything that has happened in the last couple years. Either way, we all had a great time and drank too much wine and beer over a 4 day period.

1 comment:

  1. If we had a facebook" like this" button. It would be clicked :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers