April 25, 2009

The toothbrush...

So, the Smoking Jacket has been trying his damnedest to make it right. But, he still couldn't wrap his pretty, little head around "what it is" that would make me happy.
So I told him...It's pretty simple as far as I'm concerned.
My list is short and sweet: someone to hold and be held, kiss and be kissed, listen and listen to, support but challenge and be there when the world feels like it's caving in from all sides.

Ok, the list may not be "simple" but it's definitely short and sweet.
So, without being asked or having to pout (yes, sometimes I will still pull the "pout". Immature? Maybe. Does it work? More often than not.), he has started to just kiss me out of the blue, hold my hand, play with my hair. Gotta admit...I wasn't sure I wanted all this even after I asked for it - but damn, it really feels good.
Well, the show is on and whether it is an epic tale or a documentary short film, he "left" his toothbrush at my place a few days ago and hasn't taken it back. It's his "statement", his "mark on his territory", his "attempt at trying". Whatever it is, I think he may be around for a little while longer than we all anticipated. *sigh*
And let's just say, I'm not kicking him out of bed for leaving crumbs (or toothbrushes) behind. At least not this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers